Oklahoma Administrative Code
Title 120 - Capitol-Medical Center Improvement and Zoning Commission
Chapter 10 - Zoning Regulations for Capitol-Medical Center Improvement and Zoning District
Subchapter 7 - Off-Street Automobile And Vehicle Parking And Loading
120:10-7-15 - Parking garages and parking decks
120:10-7-15. Parking garages and parking decks
Any parking garage or parking deck constructed in any "C", "HC", "I" or "P" district must comply with the following requirements:
(1) Parking deck or garage facades shall conceal, as much as possible, vehicles from visibility from any public right-of-way, private drive or streets that are open to the general public, and shall have the appearance of a horizontal-storied building. Landscape berms may be used to achieve this effect.
(2) All facades of parking decks or garages shall be constructed of stone, brick, concrete, or other masonry materials, or of the same materials as the buildings they serve.
(3) All parking decks or garages shall have walkways that are a minimum width of four feet connecting ground level parking to public sidewalks and building entrances.
(4) Landscaping shall be provided by a continuous landscape strip or landscape berm between the structure and the public right-of-way, except at points of ingress and egress. Landscaped areas shall be planted with street trees, ornamental trees, shrubs, grasses or ground cover or any combination of these planting materials.
(5) Landscape plantings shall be installed and maintained in compliance with the off-street parking lot landscape requirements of this Chapter.
(6) All lighting used to illuminate parking decks, garages, or signage shall be arranged and directed away from residentially used properties.
Added at 23 Ok Reg 2931, eff 7-13-06