Oklahoma Administrative Code
Title 120 - Capitol-Medical Center Improvement and Zoning Commission
Chapter 10 - Zoning Regulations for Capitol-Medical Center Improvement and Zoning District
Subchapter 7 - Off-Street Automobile And Vehicle Parking And Loading
120:10-7-12 - Off-street parking lot design requirements
120:10-7-12. Off-street parking lot design requirements
The following requirements apply to all off-street parking lots containing ten or more spaces located in any zoning district, unless otherwise provided in this Subchapter:
(1) Driveways and curb cuts widths shall be 24 feet for two-way entrances and 12 feet for one-way entrances, unless otherwise approved by the Commission.
(2) Circular driveways shall not be located between any building and any public street with the exception of patron drop-off covered entrances.
(3) Curb cuts and driveways shall not be permitted on any street that functions as a principal arterial or collector street when access can be provided from an adjacent side or rear street.
(4) No more than one curb cut is permitted for off-street lots containing twenty or less spaces.
(5) Any existing alley used for loading, unloading, building maintenance or service must be paved and at least twenty feet in width. No alley shall be used as a permanent parking space or to meet the required number of parking spaces.
(6) Barrier curbs shall be installed around the perimeter of the parking lot and around required landscaped areas, except where the perimeter abuts an adjacent building or structure, and at points of ingress and egress into the facility.
(7) Aisles shall be a minimum of 12 feet wide or a maximum of 21 feet depending on the stall angles and dimensions.
(8) All loading and unloading shall occur in off-street vehicle loading areas.
(9) In no case shall the required aisles, access driveways, off-street loading berths, or fire lanes be used for parking of vehicles.
(10) All parking and maneuvering of vehicles shall be provided off the public right-of-way and designed to permit vehicles to enter any thoroughfare in a forward movement. All lot designs shall provide forward movement to all vehicles entering any thoroughfare.
(11) On any corner lot formed by 2 intersecting streets a corner sight line shall be established in a triangle formed by measuring a distance of 30 feet along the front and side lot lines, from their point of intersection, and connecting the points to form a triangle on the area of the lot adjacent to the street intersection. No parking shall be permitted within the sight triangle, nor shall any wall, fence, sign, structure or plant growth having a height in excess of 3 feet above the elevation of the crown of the adjacent roadway surface.
(12) Access to off-street loading berths shall be provided from a public street or alley by an access drive at least 15 feet wide designed to permit convenient access by semi-trailer trucks.
(13) Any loading area located within 50 feet of an abutting residential district must be within an enclosed building or be screen on all side with a solid fence or landscape screen.
Added at 23 Ok Reg 2931, eff 7-13-06