Ohio Administrative Code
Title 5101:2 - Division of Social Services
Chapter 5101:2-52 - Interstate Placement of Children
Section 5101:2-52-06 - Requirements applicable to interstate placement of children when the PCPA, PNA, or court is the receiving agency
Current through all regulations passed and filed through March 11, 2022
(A) The Ohio interstate compact on the placement of children (ICPC) office within the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) shall serve as the central approving authority for all requests for services related to the placement of children into or outside of Ohio by private child placing agencies (PCPA), private noncustodial agencies (PNA) and courts.
(B) The PCPA, PNA or court shall not
place any child in another state or territory without the prior approval of the
Ohio ICPC office and the sending state ICPC office as evidenced by the signed
JFS 01661 "Interstate Compact Placement Request (ICPC 100A)" (rev. 6/2009)
indicating placement may be made.
(1) Prepare the home assessment in accordance with the administrative rule governing the placement resource being considered.
(2) Prior to the final approval of the interstate placement, the following documentation must be submitted to the Ohio ICPC office:
(3) If a homestudy can not be completed and a recommendation made within thirty business days, notification of the delay shall be sent to the Ohio ICPC office prior to the expiration of the thirty day period so that the sending state may be notified.
(1) Begin providing monthly face to face supervision.
(2) Submit progress reports to the Ohio ICPC office monthly.
(3) Notify the sending agency and the Ohio ICPC office if the child's placement disrupts and there is a need to make immediate plans for the child's return to the sending state or for an alternative placement.
Ohio Admin. Code 5101:2-52-06
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 4/17/2019 and 08/01/2024
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5103.23
Rule Amplifies: 2151.39, 5103.23
Prior Effective Dates: 01/14/1983, 07/01/1990, 02/13/1998 (Emer.), 05/14/1998, 02/15/2002, 08/18/2003, 10/20/2006, 06/01/2009, 05/16/2014
This section was updated on 7/3/2019 by overlay.