Ohio Administrative Code
3701 - Department of Health - Administration and Director
Chapter 3701-86 - Registration of Newborn Safety Incubator Locations
Section 3701-86-02 - Registration of installers
§ 3701-86-02. Registration of installers
(A) Only the following individual's may register with the Ohio department of health to perform the installation of the access portal door and alarm system components of a newborn safety incubator:
(1) Access portal door installers shall be a county or city licensed general contractor. The licensed general contractor maintains ultimate responsibility for all work performed in the process of the construction of the access portal door by employees and subcontractors.
(2) Access portal door alarm system installers shall be:
(a) A licensed electrical contractor; or
(b) A telecommunications installation professional.
(B) Prior to engaging in the installation of newborn safety incubator access portal door or alarm system, the individual's authorized in paragraph (A) of this rule, shall register with the department of health. This registration shall include:
(1) A completed "Newborn Safety Incubator - Installer" registration form obtained from the Ohio department of health;
(2) Documentation of occupational license as a general contractor, electrical contractor, or of employment as a telecommunications installation professional; and
(3) A nonrefundable registration fee of two hundred fifty dollars made payable to the "Treasurer, State of Ohio."
(C) A list of registered installers will be published to the Ohio department of health website.
(D) Registered installers may voluntarily terminate their registration and have their information removed from the list of registered installers by providing written notice to the Ohio department of health.
(E) Any individual who has voluntarily terminated their registration as an installer will be required to complete another registration with the Ohio department of health in accordance with paragraph (B) of this rule prior to recommencing any action associated with the installation of a newborn safety incubator access portal or alarm system.(Effective: 10/5/2017
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 10/01/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 2151.2532
Rule Amplifies: 2151.3532)