New Hampshire Code of Administrative Rules
He - Department of Health and Human Services
He-P - Former Division of Public Health Services
CHAPTER He-P 700 - CREMATORIES - EXPIRED
PART He-P 701 - CREMATORY REGULATIONS
He-P 701.12 - Duties of Crematories
He-P 701.12. Duties of Crematories
(a) Crematories shall conform to the requirements set forth in He-P 700.
(b) Crematories shall comply with the policies and procedures described in He-P 701.11(b).
(c) Cremation chambers and retorts shall only be used for the cremation of:
(1) Human remains;
(2) Human anatomical waste; or
(3) Human pathological waste.
(d) Unless a request is made by an authorized individual to cremate more than one human remain at a time, such as that of a mother and child together, the crematory shall not cremate more than one human remain, per cremation chamber at a time.
(e) Crematories shall not cremate human remains within 48 hours of death, pursuant to RSA 325-A:3, unless a contagious disease caused death.
(f) Crematories shall maintain an accurate crematory book of records, pursuant to RSA 325-A:2, containing the following:
(1) The name, age and gender of the decedent;
(2) The last residential address of the decedent;
(3) The date and place of death of the decedent;
(4) The date the human remains arrived at the crematory;
(5) The authorizing agent(s) name(s) and relationship(s) to the decedent;
(6) The name of the medical examiner or deputy medical examiner issuing the certificate required for cremation in accordance with RSA 325-A:3;
(7) The signatures of the licensed funeral director, next-of-kin, or designated agent;
(8) The signature of the person supervising the cremation; and
(9) The disposition of the cremains.
(g) For each cremation of human remains, crematories shall keep:
(1) A copy of the medical examiner's certificate of cremation; and
(2) A copy of the burial transit permit, annotated with the date it was filed with the town.
(h) Crematories shall provide department representatives and agents access to records in (f) and (g) above upon request.
(i) Crematories shall not advertise or otherwise represent themselves as performing services that they do not provide.
(See Revision Note at chapter heading for He-P 700) #8480, eff 11-5-05