Nevada Administrative Code
NAC-388D - Alternative School Choices
388D.130 - Complaint concerning violation of Nevada Educational Choice Scholarship Program; required information; determination and authorized actions.
NAC 388D.130 Complaint concerning violation of Nevada Educational Choice Scholarship Program; required information; determination and authorized actions. (NRS 388D.270)
1. A person may file a complaint of a violation of state law or regulation concerning the Nevada Educational Choice Scholarship Program with the Superintendent of Public Instruction by mailing the complaint to:
Superintendent of Public Instruction 700 East Fifth Street Carson City, Nevada 89701
2. An initial complaint filed pursuant to subsection 1 must include, without limitation, the name, telephone number and address of the complainant and the description of the alleged violation.
3. After a complaint is received, the Department will review the complaint for legal sufficiency and may request additional information from the complainant and any interested party. If, as a result of this review, the Superintendent of Public Instruction determines that:
(a) No further action is required, he or she may close the complaint.
(b) The complaint may have merit, the Department may:
(1) Conduct any further investigation it deems necessary and appropriate;
(2) Forward the complaint and the results of the review and any investigation to the Attorney General or a law enforcement agency for a criminal investigation;
(3) Issue a letter of admonition to the person or governmental agency that committed the violation; or
(4) After providing notice and the opportunity for a hearing to the person or governmental agency accused of the violation:
(I) Revoke the right of the person or governmental agency to participate in the Nevada Educational Choice Scholarship Program; or
(II) Find that a grant has been awarded in error and require money to be returned to the Department of Taxation.
(Added to NAC by Dep’t of Education by R035-15, eff. 10-27-2015) — (Substituted in revision for NAC 385.607)