Nevada Administrative Code
NAC-388D - Alternative School Choices
388D.110 - Annual administration of norm-referenced test approved by Department.
NAC 388D.110 Annual administration of norm-referenced test approved by Department. (NRS 388D.270)
1. At least once each school year, each registered private school shall administer at least one nationally norm-referenced test that has been approved by the Department pursuant to subsection 2 to each pupil on behalf of whom a grant is provided pursuant to NRS 388D.270. The registered private school must include the results of the test in the record of the academic progress of the pupil that the school is required to maintain pursuant to subsection 5 of NRS 388D.270.
2. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 3, the Department will approve a nationally norm-referenced test for administration to pupils on behalf of whom grants are awarded if:
(a) The test has a reliability coefficient of at least 0.8 measuring the internal consistency of the test;
(b) The test has high content validity;
(c) Norming studies have been conducted on the test within the immediately preceding 10 years; and
(d) The test serves as a measure of pupil achievement in English language arts and mathematics for pupils enrolled in kindergarten through grade 12.
3. The Department may approve a test that does not meet the requirements of subsection 2 for administration to pupils on behalf of whom grants are awarded who are enrolled in kindergarten, first grade or second grade.
4. The Department will maintain a list of each test that is approved pursuant to subsections 2 and 3.
5. As used in this section, “content validity” means the extent to which a test accurately measures the subject area that it purports to measure.
(Added to NAC by Dep’t of Education by R035-15, eff. 10-27-2015; A by R027-16, 9-9-2016) — (Substituted in revision for NAC 385.606)