Nevada Administrative Code
NAC-388D - Alternative School Choices
388D.040 - Information provided quarterly and annually to Department by registered scholarship organization; Department to compile and review information.
NAC 388D.040 Information provided quarterly and annually to Department by registered scholarship organization; Department to compile and review information. (NRS 388D.270)
1. Each scholarship organization that is registered with the Department pursuant to NAC 388D.030 shall:
(a) By not later than October 15, January 15, March 15 and June 15 of each year, provide to the Department in a format prescribed by the Department an electronic list of each pupil on behalf of whom the scholarship organization awarded a grant pursuant to NRS 388D.270 for the previous quarter. The electronic list must include:
(1) Demographic information for each pupil, including the name, date of birth, grade level, gender and race or ethnicity of the pupil, whether the pupil has a disability, the household income of the pupil calculated pursuant to NAC 388D.080 and the name and address of the parent or guardian of the pupil;
(2) The amount of each grant provided on behalf of a pupil;
(3) The manner in which money from each grant has been used, including, without limitation:
(I) The name of each school that has received money from a grant;
(II) The tuition and fees charged by each such school; and
(III) Any portion of such money that has been used to pay for the transportation to and from the school; and
(4) The number of applications for a grant received by the scholarship organization for which a grant was not awarded and the reason that a grant was not awarded in each case.
(b) Annually submit to the Department the name of the school attended by each pupil on whose behalf a grant is provided during the school year immediately preceding the school year for which the grant is awarded or, if such a pupil was not enrolled in a school, whether the pupil was a homeschooled child, an opt-in child or was not required to attend school pursuant to NRS 392.040 for that school year.
2. The Department will annually:
(a) Compile the information submitted by each scholarship organization pursuant to subsection 1; and
(b) Review the information to determine whether to change the priority for awarding grants prescribed by NAC 388D.080 or to recommend legislation to revise the priority for awarding grants to the Legislature.
(Added to NAC by Dep’t of Education by R035-15, eff. 10-27-2015; A by R020-18, 8-30-2018) — (Substituted in revision for NAC 385.602)