Administrative Rules of Montana
Department 24 - LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 24.210 - BOARD OF REALTY REGULATION
Subchapter 24.210.8 - Property Management
Rule 24.210.809 - PRELICENSING PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COURSE AND INSTRUCTOR REQUIREMENTS
Current through Register Vol. 6, March 25, 2022
(1) Request for prelicensing education course and instructor approval must be made on forms approved by the board and submitted 60 days prior to the initial course offering date.
(2) Expiration of course approval or instructor approval is three years from the date of approval, but may be revoked for cause.
(3) Distance education courses may be approved if the board determines that:
(4) It is the responsibility of the applicant to verify that courses are approved for Montana prior to completing the course for credit.
(5) Instructors teaching more than 25 percent of a prelicensing course must be approved by the board as prelicensing instructors.
(6) The course provider is responsible for the actions and representations of all instructors who aid or assist in the instruction of the prelicensing education course.
(7) No more than eight hours of instruction may be offered per day. Examination time does not count as hours of instruction.
(8) Approved instructors must have one year of experience in the practice of property management or property management education and:
(9) A property management application must provide evidence of successfully completing a minimum of 30 hours of prelicensure education approved by the board.
(10) The prelicensure curriculum must consist of the following topics:
(11) Courses must be designed so that no more than ten minutes per 60 minutes are allowed for breaks in instruction. Break time may be accumulated and used in blocks at the instructor's discretion.
(12) The applicant must attend 90 percent of the first hour and 100 percent of each additional hour of the approved course time in order to receive credit for attendance. Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with medical conditions.
Mont. Admin. R. 24.210.809
NEW, 1993 MAR p. 1909, Eff. 8/13/93; AMD, 2001 MAR p. 789, Eff. 1/1/02; TRANS, from Commerce, 2005 MAR p. 2455; AMD, 2007 MAR p. 1329, Eff. 9/7/07; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 532, Eff. 2/26/10; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 1776, Eff. 9/7/12.
37-1-131, 37-51-203, MCA; IMP, 37-51-202, 37-51-601, 37-51-603, MCA;