Administrative Rules of Montana
Department 24 - LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 24.204 - BOARD OF RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGISTS
Subchapter 24.204.5 - Licensing and Scope of Practice
Rule 24.204.511 - PERMIT EXAMINATIONS
Current through Register Vol. 6, March 25, 2022
(1) All limited permit applicants shall take and pass the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) limited scope core examination.
(2) In addition to the ARRT limited scope core examination, 104-hour course graduates shall complete a module examination for selected anatomic regions in which the applicant desires to be permitted.
(3) "State combined examination" as used in this rule means the examination consisting of abdomen (AB), gastrointestinal tract (GI) (postfluoroscopy films only), and hip and pelvis examinations.
(4) Applicants may review their state combined examination with administrative staff for the board at the board office or at an approved site designated by the board.
(5) A nonrefundable fee will be assessed for the combined examination. After failing the combined examination, the applicant will be required to submit another state combined examination retake fee.
(6) Applicants for 104-hour course permit who fail any portion of the ARRT limited scope examination (core or any module examination) on two attempts shall be required to successfully complete additional coursework in the failed area(s) of the examination before being allowed to retake the failed portion(s) of the examination a third time.
(7) Student permit applicants (having completed two semesters or its equivalent from a radiologic technology program accredited by a mechanism recognized by the ARRT) are only required to take the ARRT limited scope core examination. If student permit applicants fail the ARRT limited scope core examination on two attempts they shall retake:
(8) Temporary permit applicants (graduates of a radiologic technology program accredited by a mechanism recognized by the ARRT) who have failed the ARRT radiologic technologist examination four times shall take:
(9) A minimum passing score of 70 percent is required on the ARRT limited scope core examination, each module examination, and the state combined examination.
(10) All requests for reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, 42 USC 12101, et seq., in regard to a board-administered licensing examination must be made on forms provided by the board and submitted with the application for examination prior to any deadline set by the board.
Mont. Admin. R. 24.204.511
NEW, 1985 MAR p. 1152, Eff. 8/16/85; AMD, 1990 MAR p. 1321, Eff. 7/13/90; AMD, 1995 MAR p. 21, Eff. 1/13/95; AMD, 1996 MAR p. 1138, Eff. 4/26/96; AMD, 1997 MAR p. 1576, Eff. 9/9/97; AMD, 2003 MAR p. 1882, Eff. 8/29/03; TRANS, from Commerce, 2004 MAR p. 3033; AMD, 2005 MAR p. 2465, Eff. 12/9/05; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 2659, Eff. 10/27/06; AMD, 2008 MAR p. 325, Eff. 2/15/08; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 77, Eff. 1/15/10.
37-1-131, 37-14-202, MCA; IMP, 37-1-131, 37-14-306, MCA;