Administrative Rules of Montana
Department 24 - LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 24.204 - BOARD OF RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGISTS
Subchapter 24.204.5 - Licensing and Scope of Practice
Rule 24.204.504 - PERMITS - PRACTICE LIMITATIONS
Current through Register Vol. 6, March 25, 2022
(1) Upon successful completion of the required formal training and the required examination, the board may issue a limited permit to the applicant which specifies the x-ray procedures the limited permit holder is authorized to perform. The limited permit holder may only take x-rays as follows:
(2) A limited practice permit holder or applicant may perform bone densitometry examinations upon successful completion of the bone densitometry equipment operators examination administered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or the International Society of Clinical Densitometry (ISCD).
(3) Limited permit holders who completed the 104-hour training are not authorized or permitted to perform fluoroscopy procedures due to the difficulty in monitoring, limiting, and controlling the accumulative doses of ionizing radiation.
(4) A student of a radiologic technologist program accredited by a mechanism recognized by the ARRT is allowed to perform procedures with portable fluoroscopy equipment (also known as C-Arm), provided the student has submitted documentation to the board that:
(5) If a student of a radiologic technologist program accredited by a mechanism recognized by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) has completed the first two semesters of the program or its equivalent, as determined by the board, and has become a limited permit holder, that person may perform procedures while operating portable fluoroscopy equipment and may be compensated as long as the student is not performing procedures for course credit and has completed the clinical time requirements.
Mont. Admin. R. 24.204.504
NEW, 1985 MAR p. 1152, Eff. 8/16/85; AMD, 1993 MAR p. 2912, Eff. 12/10/93; AMD, 1995 MAR p. 21, Eff. 1/13/95; AMD, 1996 MAR p. 1138, Eff. 4/26/96; AMD, 2003 MAR p. 1882, Eff. 8/29/03; TRANS, from Commerce, 2004 MAR p. 3033; AMD, 2005 MAR p. 2465, Eff. 12/9/05; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 2659, Eff. 10/27/06; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 77, Eff. 1/15/10.
37-1-131, 37-14-202, MCA; IMP, 37-14-301, 37-14-306, MCA;