Administrative Rules of Montana
Department 24 - LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 24.182 - BOARD OF PRIVATE SECURITY
Subchapter 24.182.21 - Continuing Education
Rule 24.182.2108 - AUDITING OF CONTINUING EDUCATION HOURS
Current through Register Vol. 6, March 25, 2022
(1) The board may conduct a retrospective random audit of the completion of continuing education by licensees during each one-year renewal period.
(2) The board shall notify licensees of the audit by U.S. mail.
(3) Licensees shall respond to the notice of audit by the date specified in the notice by submitting proof of completion of continuing education for the renewal period specified by the board. Proof may consist of copies of the continuing education certificates issued by the continuing education provider, transcripts with course descriptions, or other verified documentation of course completion.
(4) Licensees must retain proof of completion of continuing education for the period of no less than one year following the last day of the renewal period during which the continuing education was obtained.
(5) The audit may include five percent of each license category during each renewal period.
(6) Failure to respond to a board notice of audit may result in disciplinary action against the licensee.
Mont. Admin. R. 24.182.2108
NEW, 2017 MAR p. 1957, Eff. 10/28/2017
AUTH: 37-1-131, 37-1-319, MCA IMP: 37-1-131, 37-1-306, 37-1-319, MCA
This section was updated on 11/1/2017 by overlay.