Administrative Rules of Montana
Department 24 - LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 24.147 - BOARD OF FUNERAL SERVICE
Subchapter 24.147.5 - Morticians and Interns
Rule 24.147.507 - MORTICIAN LICENSES
Current through Register Vol. 6, March 25, 2022
(1) Applicants for licensure not currently licensed in another state or jurisdiction must submit a completed application on forms provided by the department. Completed applications include appropriate fees and required documentation.
(2) Applicants must have a minimum of an associate degree in funeral service or mortuary science from a program accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE) or its successor which consists of a minimum of 60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits. All transcripts must be certified and sent directly from the school(s).
(3) Exceptions to the education requirements in (2) are as follows:
(4) In addition to the education requirements for licensure, applicants must:
(5) Incomplete applications will automatically expire one year from the date the fee was received. If an application expires, the applicant must reapply and pay all appropriate fees.
Mont. Admin. R. 24.147.507
Transfer from 24.147.402, 2018 MAR p. 440, Eff. 2/24/2018; AMD,2020 MAR p. 670, Eff.4/18/2020
AUTH: 37-1-131, 37-19-202, MCA IMP: 37-1-131, 37-19-302, 37-19-303, MCA
This section was updated on 4/22/2020 by overlay.