Administrative Rules of Montana
Department 24 - LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 24.111 - ALTERNATIVE HEALTH CARE BOARD
Subchapter 24.111.21 - Renewals and Continuing Education
Rule 24.111.2102 - NATUROPATHIC PHYSICIAN CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Current through Register Vol. 6, March 25, 2022
(1) Naturopaths must obtain 15 continuing education credits each renewal period, except as provided in (8). At least five of the credits must be in naturopathic pharmacy. If the naturopath holds a naturopathic childbirth specialty certification as provided in ARM 24.111.510, an additional five credits per renewal period must be obtained in obstetrics. One hour of education (excluding breaks) equals one continuing education credit.
(2) No more than three continuing education credits per renewal period will be approved for preparation of and for a single presentation of a program meeting the requirements of this rule.
(3) Continuing education programs will not be preapproved by the board or staff.
(4) In order to be approved, a continuing education program must:
(5) Continuing education programs from other professions or academic disciplines are eligible for approval if substantially related to the role of naturopaths.
(6) In accordance with 37-1-131, MCA, compliance with this rule shall be attested to by the naturopath on the renewal application. The board will conduct random audits after each renewal period closes of 20 percent of all naturopaths with renewed licenses, for documentary verification of compliance. Documentary evidence of program completion must be maintained by the naturopath for a period of two years for audit purposes. Documentary evidence of completion of nonlive programs (e.g., internet, videotape, audiotape, DVD) may be in the form of proof that the naturopath passed an exam on the program content, a certificate of completion, or the naturopath's notes summarizing the program content.
(7) No continuing education credits are required for a naturopath renewing the naturopath's Montana license for the first time.
(8) Continuing education credit will not be approved for programs:
Mont. Admin. R. 24.111.2102
NEW, 1994 MAR p. 386, Eff. 2/25/94; AMD, 1996 MAR p. 2576, Eff. 10/4/96; AMD, 1998 MAR p. 529, Eff. 2/27/98; AMD, 1999 MAR p. 2038, Eff. 9/24/99; TRANS, from Commerce, 2001 MAR p. 1642; AMD, 2001 MAR p. 1644, Eff. 8/24/01; AMD, 2003 MAR p. 2873, Eff. 12/25/03; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 1583, Eff. 7/1/06; AMD, 2007 MAR p. 263, Eff. 2/23/07; AMD, 2009 MAR p. 265, Eff. 2/27/09; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 1360, Eff. 7/13/12.
37-1-131, 37-1-319, 37-26-201, MCA; IMP, 37-1-131, 37-1-141, 37-1-306, MCA;