Missouri Code of State Regulations
Title 20 - Department of Commerce and Insurance
Division 2205 - MISSOURI BOARD OF OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
Chapter 4 - Supervision
20 CSR 2205-4.020 - Supervision of Occupational Therapist Limited Permit Holders
20 CSR 2205-4.020. Supervision of Occupational Therapist Limited Permit Holders
PURPOSE: The amendment removes the requirement that occupational therapists be licensed for one (1) year prior to providing supervision. This will allow for more employment opportunities, especially in rural settings.
(1) Occupational therapist limited permit holders shall be allowed to perform occupational therapy services under the supervision of a person licensed by the board as an occupational therapist. The occupational therapist limited permit holder shall perform services according to the supervisor's direction, control and full professional responsibility. Supervision requires that the supervisor or the supervisor's designee must be immediately available for communication with the occupational therapist limited permit holder.
(2) The supervisor of an occupational therapist limited permit holder shall maintain control, oversight, guidance and full professional responsibility concerning a patient receiving occupational therapy services from a limited permit holder.
(3) A supervisor of a limited permit holder shall-
(A) Be licensed as an occupational therapist;
(B) Not be under restriction or discipline from any licensing board or jurisdiction at any time during the period of supervision; and
(C) Not be an immediate relative of the limited permit holder, such as a spouse, parent, child, or sibling.
(4) The occupational therapist limited permit holder shall only provide occupational therapy as defined in section 324.050, RSMo appropriate to and consistent with his/her education, training, and experience.
(5) Occupational therapy limited permit holders shall not supervise occupational therapy assistants.
(6) The supervisor shall ensure the occupational therapist limited permit holder provides occupational therapy as defined in section 324.050, RSMo appropriate to and consistent with his/her education, training, and experience.(AUTHORITY: sections 324.050, 324.056, 324.065, 324.077, 324.083 and 324.086, RSMo 2000.* This rule originally filed as 4 CSR 205-4.020. Original rule filed Aug. 4, 1998, effective Dec. 30, 1998. Amended: Filed March 14, 2001, effective Sept. 30, 2001. Moved to 20 CSR 2205-4.020, effective Aug. 28, 2006. Amended by Missouri Register April 1, 2020/Volume 45, Number 7, effective 5/31/2020)
*Original authority: 324.050, RSMo 1997, amended 1999; 324.056, RSMo 1997, amended 1999; 324.065, RSMo 1997; 324.077, RSMo 1997; 324.083, RSMo 1997; 324.086, RSMo 1997, amended 1999.