Missouri Code of State Regulations
Title 20 - DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND INSURANCE
Division 2095 - Committee for Professional Counselors
Chapter 1 - General Rules
Section 20 CSR 2095-1.062 - License Renewal and Reinstatement of Lapsed License
Current through Register Vol. 48, No. 18, September 15, 2023
PURPOSE: This rule provides information and the requirements regarding the annual renewal of a license and reinstating the license upon expiration.
(1) A license shall be renewed on or before the expiration of the license by submitting the renewal notice and fee pursuant to 20 CSR 2095-1.040(1)(D). Renewals shall be postmarked no later than the expiration date of the license to avoid the late fee as defined in 20 CSR 2095-1.020(1)(D) 1. and 2.
(2) Failure to receive a renewal notice shall not excuse the licensee from the requirement to renew a license as outlined in sections 337.507.2 and 337.515, RSMo.
(3) Failure to provide information for a renewal and/or failure to pay the required renewal fee by the expiration date of the license shall result in the license becoming lapsed and expired. The licensee shall be prohibited from practicing professional counseling until applying for reinstatement to the committee and paying the applicable fee(s).
(4) Any licensed professional counselor failing to renew a license on or before the license expiration date may apply to the committee for reinstatement of the license within two (2) years subsequent to the date the license expired. To apply, the licensee shall-
(5) If a license is not current for more than two (2) years subsequent to the license renewal date, the former licensee shall submit a new application for licensure, comply with current licensure requirements as defined by law and regulations, and pay the required fee as defined in 20 CSR 2095-1.020(1)(A).
(6) A professional counselor previously licensed in Missouri and currently licensed as a counselor in another state may apply for reactivation/reinstatement of an expired license upon submission of the following:
AUTHORITY: section 337.507, RSMo Supp. 2008 and sections 337.515 and 337.520.1(1), RSMo 2000.* Material in this rule originally filed as 4 CSR 95-1.060 and 20 CSR 2095-1.060. Original rule filed Nov. 21, 2008, effective May 30, 2009.
*Original authority: 337.507, RSMo 1985, amended 1989, 2004; 337.515, RSMo 1985, amended 1989; and 337.520, RSMo 1985, amended 1989, 1993, 1995.