Minnesota Administrative Rules
4714 - PLUMBING CODE
4714.0701 - MATERIALS.
UPC section 701.1 is amended to read as follows:
701.1 Drainage Piping. Materials for drainage piping shall be in accordance with one of the referenced standards in Table 701.1 except that:
(1) Galvanized wrought-iron and galvanized steel pipe shall not be used underground and shall be kept not less than 6 inches (152 mm) aboveground.
(2) ABS and PVC DWV piping installations shall be installed in accordance with applicable standards referenced in Table 1401.1.
(3) No vitrified clay pipe or fittings shall be used aboveground or where pressurized by a pump or ejector. They shall be kept not less than 12 inches (305 mm) belowground.
(4) Copper tube for drainage and pipe venting shall have a weight of not less than that of copper drainage tube type DWV.
(5) Stainless steel 304 pipe and fittings shall not be installed underground and shall be kept not less than 6 inches (152 mm) aboveground.
(6) Cast-iron soil pipe and fittings shall be listed and tested in accordance with standards referenced in Table 1401.1. Such pipe and fittings shall be marked with country of origin and identification of the original manufacturer in addition to markings required by referenced standards.
UPC Table 701.1 is not amended.Statutory Authority:
MS s 326B.43; 326B.435History:
40 SR 71Published Electronically:
January 25, 2016