Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 14 - INDEPENDENT AGENCIES
Subtitle 30 - STATE HIGHER EDUCATION LABOR RELATIONS BOARD
Chapter 14.30.09 - Collective Bargaining
14.30.09.01 - Negotiations
A. The designated representatives of the employer and of the exclusive representative shall:
(1) Establish ground rules for negotiations;
(2) Identify the participants for negotiations;
(3) Establish the amount of release time for negotiating;
(4) Set a tentative schedule and agenda for negotiations;
(5) Establish any other matter deemed pertinent and necessary before beginning any other negotiation activities;
(6) Meet at reasonable times and locations agreeable to all parties;
(7) Negotiate a memorandum of understanding by collective bargaining in good faith as required by State Personnel and Pensions Article, § 3-501, Annotated Code of Maryland; and
(8) Negotiate a memorandum of understanding in closed sessions.
B. Negotiations shall address:
(2) Hours of work; and
(3) Other terms and conditions of employment.
C. A party to collective bargaining negotiations may not be compelled to:
(1) Agree to a proposal; or
(2) Make a concession.
D. An employer may not be required to negotiate over any matter that is inconsistent with applicable law, but an employer may reach agreement with regard to any such matter if it is understood that the agreement with respect to the matter cannot become effective unless the applicable law is amended by the General Assembly.(Regulation .01A amended effective October 22, 2007 (34:21 Md. R. 1917))