Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 14 - INDEPENDENT AGENCIES
Subtitle 30 - STATE HIGHER EDUCATION LABOR RELATIONS BOARD
Chapter 14.30.05 - Elections
14.30.05.03 - Election Procedure
14.30.05.03. Election Procedure
A. An election shall be by secret ballot at the times, places, and conditions that the Executive Director requires.
B. In determining polling sites and voting methods, the Executive Director shall consider:
(1) The total number of eligible voters;
(2) The nature of the eligible voters' work stations;
(3) The location of the eligible voters' work stations;
(4) The number of eligible voters at each work station; and
(5) The expressed desire of the parties, if any.
C. The election shall be designed to assure that all eligible employees are able to vote.
D. The Executive Director may require the parties to attend a preelection conference in person or by telecommunications to gather information on relevant election factors to enable the Executive Director to determine the:
(1) Tentative date of election;
(2) Time of election;
(3) Place of election;
(4) Manner of election; and
(5) Identity of eligible voters.
E. Pre-election conference attendance shall be limited to:
(1) The Executive Director and up to two Board staff members; and
(2) Three representatives for each election process participant.(Regulation .03E adopted effective February 11, 2008 (35:3 Md. R. 289))