Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 14 - INDEPENDENT AGENCIES
Subtitle 26 - MARYLAND ENERGY ADMINISTRATION
Chapter 14.26.03 - Maryland Energy Efficiency Standards
14.26.03.04 - Scope of Application of Standards
14.26.03.04. Scope of Application of Standards
A. This chapter applies to the testing, certification, and enforcement of efficiency standards for the following types of new products sold, offered for sale, or installed in the State:
(1) Unit heaters;
(2) Low-voltage dry-type distribution transformers;
(3) Commercial refrigeration cabinets; and
(4) Large packaged air-conditioning equipment.
B. This chapter does not apply to:
(1) New products manufactured in the State and sold outside the State;
(2) New products manufactured outside the State and sold at wholesale inside the State for final retail sale and installation outside the State;
(3) Products installed in mobile manufactured homes at the time of construction; or
(4) Products designed expressly for installation and use in recreational vehicles.
C. This chapter only applies to the following products until the following dates:
(1) Unit heaters: August 1, 2008;
(2) Low-voltage dry-type distribution transformers: January 1, 2007;
(3) Commercial refrigeration cabinets: January 1, 2010;
(4) Large packaged air-conditioning equipment of at least 20 tons and not more than 63.3 tons of cooling capacity: January 1, 2010.
D. For large packaged air-conditioning equipment with capacities from 63.4 tons to 80 tons of cooling capacity, the Act will remain in effect.(Regulations .04 adopted effective June 19, 2006 (33:12 Md. R. 998))