Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.83 - Safety Requirements for Personnel Hoists
09.12.83.02 - Identification Plate and Certificate of Inspection
09.12.83.02. Identification Plate and Certificate of Inspection
A. A person may not operate a personnel hoist unless the Commissioner has issued:
(1) An identification plate; and
(2) A certificate of inspection.
B. State of Maryland Identification Plate.
(1) The Commissioner shall issue a State identification plate which the owner shall affix in a conspicuous location on the driving unit.
(2) If an identification plate is no longer legible, the owner shall notify the Commissioner, who shall issue a replacement.
C. Certificate of Inspection.
(1) A certificate of inspection may not be issued unless the hoist is in full compliance with Public Safety Article, Title 12, Subtitle 8, Annotated Code of Maryland, and all applicable regulations.
(2) Application for a certificate of inspection shall be made on forms furnished by the Commissioner.
(3) A certificate of inspection shall be posted on the personnel hoist for which it is issued.
(4) A certificate of inspection is valid for not more than 90 days from the date of issuance.