Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.66 - Inflatable Amusement Attractions
09.12.66.17 - Equipment and Materials
09.12.66.17. Equipment and Materials
(1) The owner shall ensure that machinery is guarded to prevent contact with belts, fan blades, or similar moving components.
(2) Guards shall be:
(a) Designed to perform a specific task;
(b) Properly secured; and
(c) Properly maintained in a condition consistent with the intent of the guard's design.
(3) Before a guard is removed for maintenance purposes:
(a) The equipment shall be locked out or tagged out; and
(b) The guard shall be replaced before normal operation is resumed.
(4) A guard shall be designed so that it does not pose a hazard itself.
B. Portable Electric Generators.
(1) A portable electric generator is not required to be grounded if the portable electric generator:
(a) Supplies only equipment mounted on the generator; or
(b) Supplies power to the equipment through receptacles mounted on the generator that are connected by plug and cord and single extensions.
(2) If a portable electric generator does not comply with § B(1) of this regulation, the owner shall ensure that a grounding electrode, such as a ground rod, is used for any fault current.
(3) A portable electric generator shall be listed and labeled by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory.
(4) A portable electric generator may not be located:
(a) Near user or pedestrian traffic; or
(b) In locations that may be hazardous.