Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.66 - Inflatable Amusement Attractions
09.12.66.05 - Registration, Inspection, and Notice of Operation
09.12.66.05. Registration, Inspection, and Notice of Operation
A. Except as specified by law, an owner may not operate an inflatable amusement attraction unless the Commissioner has issued a certificate of inspection of an inflatable amusement attraction.
B. Annually, each owner shall register with the Commissioner those inflatable amusement attractions that the owner intends to operate in Maryland that year and file a certificate of insurance indicating that the owner has obtained insurance in the amount of at least $200,000 against liability for injury to an individual that arises out of the use of the inflatable amusement attraction.
C. Request for Certificate Inspection.
(1) Each owner requiring a certificate inspection of an inflatable amusement attraction shall notify the Commissioner that the inflatable amusement attraction is ready for inspection by submitting a completed inspection request form at least 30 days in advance of the anticipated operation date.
(2) If there is a cancellation or change in the schedule of location or dates after initial notification, an owner shall:
(a) Immediately notify the Commissioner by telephone; and
(b) Promptly confirm the change in writing.
(3) If an owner is unable to provide the Commissioner with the required 30-day advance notice, the owner shall submit to the Commissioner an inspection request form along with a detailed explanation of the reason for the lack of advance notice. The Commissioner may grant the inspection request contingent upon the availability of State resources.
(4) The inspection request form shall be furnished by the Commissioner.
D. Notice of Operation.
(1) At least 5 business days in advance of anticipated operation of an inflatable amusement attraction with a current certificate of inspection, an owner of an inflatable amusement attraction shall submit to the Commissioner an itinerary of scheduled locations and dates.
(2) If there is a cancellation or change in the schedule of location or dates after submission of the itinerary, an owner shall:
(a) Immediately notify the Commissioner by telephone, email, or fax; and
(b) If by telephone, promptly confirm the change in writing.