Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.64 - Amusement Ride Safety Standard for Go-Kart Operations
09.12.64.06 - Daily Inspections
09.12.64.06. Daily Inspections
A. The owner shall ensure that a go-kart operation is inspected each day before the start of operation.
B. The inspection and test shall be made:
(1) By an owner or operator experienced and instructed in the proper assembly and operation of the amusement ride or attraction; and
(2) In accordance with the specifications included in the manual.
C. The owner shall inspect the go-kart operation to determine that the karts, tracks, and facility:
(1) Are in safe operating condition; and
(2) Conform to the requirements in this chapter and COMAR 09.12.62.
D. The inspection of each kart shall:
(1) Include the operation of:
(a) Speed-limiting devices,
(b) The brake system, and
(c) Control devices;
(2) Ensure that a part is not damaged, missing, or worn in a manner that is or may become unsafe.
E. A record of each inspection shall be:
(1) Made at once upon completion of the test;
(2) Kept at a central location at the site of operation;
(3) Maintained for 30 days; and
(4) Made available to the Commissioner upon request.(Regulation .06D amended effective April 13, 1992 (19:7 Md. R. 745))