Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.64 - Amusement Ride Safety Standard for Go-Kart Operations
09.12.64.04 - Manual
A. Each owner of a go-kart operation shall develop a detailed written operational manual for the construction, operation, maintenance, and repair of the go-kart operation.
B. Each owner shall ensure that the manual is legible, in English, and readily accessible to operators.
C. The manual shall include:
(1) Manufacturer specifications for kart maintenance, repair, operation, and inspection;
(2) Track maintenance and repair procedures;
(3) Equipment operation instructions;
(4) Inspection procedures which include items specified in Regulation .06 of this chapter;
(5) Operator job descriptions;
(6) First aid procedures;
(7) A list of emergency medical telephone numbers;
(8) Recordkeeping logs for:
(a) Operational activities, including daily inspections; and
(b) Injuries; and
(9) A written emergency plan which includes the requirements contained in COMAR 09.12.62.08B.
D. If manufacturer specifications for kart maintenance, repair, operation, and inspection are unavailable for good cause, the owner shall:
(1) Develop specifications that shall ensure the safety of the riding public; and
(2) Include the specifications in § D(1), of this regulation, in the manual.
E. Each owner shall ensure compliance with the manual.
F. The owner shall make the manual available to the Commissioner upon request.