Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.63 - Water Slides Erected Permanently or Temporarily in the State
09.12.63.04 - Posted Warning Signs
09.12.63.04. Posted Warning Signs
A. At the entrance of each water slide, the owner shall post a sign conveying the following directions:
(1) Obey all instructions given by the dispatcher and splash pool supervisor who have the authority to prevent any condition which leads to unsafe operation of the water slide;
(2) The following activities are strictly prohibited:
(a) Use of this slide when under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
(b) Diving, running, standing, kneeling, rotating, tumbling, or stopping in flumes or tunnels;
(c) Traveling head first down slide; and
(d) Grouping or forming chains;
(3) Hands shall be kept inside the flume;
(4) After exiting from slide, sliders shall leave the splash pool promptly;
(5) Glass, bottles, or food are not allowed in water slide vicinity.
B. The directions contained in § A(2)(a) and (5) of this regulation may be posted at the entrance of the park.
C. The directions may be conveyed by means of words, in English and, if appropriate, in other languages, pictures, symbols, or any combination of them.
D. The sign shall:
(1) Be constructed of wood, metal, or other material which can endure for several years;
(2) Be constructed and placed in such a manner that it poses no hazard; and
(3) Contain lettering at least 1 inch high, on a contrasting background.