Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.62 - Amusement Attractions Erected Permanently or Temporarily at Carnivals, Fairs, and Amusement Parks
09.12.62.14 - Fire Protection
09.12.62.14. Fire Protection
A. Flammable and Combustible Liquids.
(1) An owner shall store and handle liquid petroleum gases and flammable liquids as required under the:
(a) Occupational Safety and Health Standards- 29 CFR § 1910.106(OSHA); and
(b) National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards adopted by the State Fire Marshal or designee or the Baltimore City Fire Prevention Bureau.
(2) Gasoline and other flammable liquids or gases shall be stored in listed and labeled containers in a location that is:
(a) Reasonably cool and ventilated;
(b) Not accessible to the public; and
(c) At least 20 feet from an amusement attraction or other flammable material.
(3) Flammable or combustible waste materials, such as oily rags, shall be stored in a covered metal container that is:
(a) Properly identified; and
(b) Kept at least 20 feet from an amusement attraction.
B. Fire Extinguishers.
(1) An owner shall provide at least one portable fire extinguisher having an ABC rating, as defined by the National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA #70, of not less than 10 pound capacity.
(2) The fire extinguisher shall be located not less than 25 feet, or more than 75 feet, from any flammable or combustible:
(a) Liquid storage; or
(b) Liquid-powered amusement attraction or portable generator.(Regulations .14, repealed and new .14 adopted effective March 24, 2008 (35:6 Md. R. 697))