Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.62 - Amusement Attractions Erected Permanently or Temporarily at Carnivals, Fairs, and Amusement Parks
09.12.62.13 - General Environment
09.12.62.13. General Environment
A. The following procedures shall be implemented during a lightning or high wind storm, tornado or severe storm warning, fire, or if violence, riot, or civil disturbance occurs or threatens to occur in an amusement park, carnival lot, or fair:
(1) The manufacturer's wind-related and weather-related restrictions shall be followed during periods of high wind or storm;
(2) Each rider shall be unloaded or evacuated safely from the amusement attraction immediately; and
(3) The amusement attraction shall be closed and secured immediately.
(1) Each amusement attraction, including entrances and exits, shall be adequately illuminated to ensure rider safety.
(2) For the assembly and disassembly of amusement attractions and temporary structures, all work areas shall be adequately illuminated to ensure public safety.(Regulations .13, repealed and new .13 adopted effective March 24, 2008 (35:6 Md. R. 697))