Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.62 - Amusement Attractions Erected Permanently or Temporarily at Carnivals, Fairs, and Amusement Parks
09.12.62.09 - Amusement Attraction Operating Records and Reports
09.12.62.09. Amusement Attraction Operating Records and Reports
A. Daily Inspection Reports.
(1) Daily inspection reports shall be:
(a) Signed by the person performing the inspection immediately upon completion of the inspection;
(b) Kept with the amusement attraction or at an on-site office; and
(c) Maintained for at least 30 days.
(2) Copies of daily inspection reports shall be made available to the Commissioner on request.
B. Daily Electrical Inspection Report.
(1) The owner shall ensure that a qualified person performs an inspection of the electrical system each day before operation.
(2) A copy of the electrical inspection report shall be:
(a) Signed by the person performing the inspection;
(b) Kept with the amusement attraction or at an on-site office;
(c) Maintained for at least 30 days; and
(d) Provided to the Commissioner upon request.
C. NDT Results.
(1) The owner shall maintain a copy of the NDT results if required by Regulation .18K of this chapter for a period of 1 year:
(a) With the amusement attraction;
(b) At an on-site office; or
(c) Otherwise readily available.
(2) A copy of the NDT results shall be provided to the Commissioner on request.
D. An owner shall immediately notify the Commissioner of a major breakdown.
E. Written Log.
(1) An owner shall ensure that a written log is:
(a) Maintained containing any reports from riders complaining of adverse physical effects or operating inconsistencies occurring during the operation of an amusement attraction; and
(b) Submitted to the Commissioner when multiple reports of a particular nature that may indicate a pattern are shown on the log.
(2) A copy of the log shall be made available to the Commissioner upon request.
F. Identification Records. An owner shall maintain a record of operator and attendant identification that includes the following for each operator and attendant:
(1) Name, address, and phone number; and
(2) Identification number, if any.
G. Record of Training.
(1) Each owner shall:
(a) Maintain a record of the training provided to each operator and attendant; and
(b) Provide the Commissioner with a copy of the record of training on request.
(2) The training record shall indicate the following for each operator or attendant:
(a) The name or identification number;
(b) A detailed description of the training provided; and
(c) A list of all the amusement attractions for which the operator and attendant received training.(Regulations .09, repealed and new .09 adopted effective March 24, 2008 (35:6 Md. R. 697))