Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.58 - Maryland Building Rehabilitation Code Regulations
09.12.58.08 - Review Process for Proposed Amendments by Local Governments
09.12.58.08. Review Process for Proposed Amendments by Local Governments
A. A local government or an organization that represents a local government may propose an amendment to this chapter that will be applicable statewide.
B. Proposed Amendment. A proposed amendment shall:
(1) Be submitted in writing to the Director of the Advisory Council;
(2) Identify the section or sections of this chapter involved; and
(3) Include proposed deletions or additions to this chapter, the reasons for the request, and any supporting documentation.
C. Within 10 business days of receipt, the Director shall forward a proposed amendment to the Advisory Council and provide a copy to the Secretary.
D. The Advisory Council shall consider a proposed amendment not later than at its next regular meeting that is at least 30 days after the Director forwards a proposed amendment.
E. The Advisory Council may request additional information from:
(1) The local government or organization proposing an amendment;
(2) Staff of the Department;
(3) Other State agencies; or
(4) Others with experience in the subject matter of a proposed amendment.
F. Within 120 days of receipt by the Advisory Council of a proposed amendment or any requested additional information, whichever is later, the Advisory Council shall make a recommendation to the Secretary on whether to adopt, modify, or reject a proposed amendment.
G. The Secretary shall decide whether to adopt, modify, or reject a proposed amendment and whether to adopt any change to this chapter necessary to implement that decision in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
H. Subject to Public Safety Article, § 12-1007(d), Annotated Code of Maryland, a local jurisdiction may adopt amendments to the IEBC that apply only to the local jurisdiction without submitting the amendments to the Advisory Council for approval.
I. A local jurisdiction that amends the IEBC shall provide a copy of the amendment to the Department:
(1) At least 15 days before the effective date of the amendment; or
(2) Within 5 days after the adoption of an emergency local amendment.(Regulation .08 recodified from 05.16.01.08 effective 46:6 Md. R. 345, eff. 3/25/2019)