Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.58 - Maryland Building Rehabilitation Code Regulations
09.12.58.04 - Definitions
A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Advisory Council" means the Maryland Building Rehabilitation Code Advisory Council established by Public Safety Article, § 12-1003, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(2) "Complex rehabilitation project involving multiple codes" means a rehabilitation project or portion of a project that involves two or more construction codes listed in Regulation .11B of this chapter and is in:
(a) One of the following categories of work:
(ii) Change of occupancy; or
(iii) Reconstruction; or
(b) Any category of work and involves the installation of sprinklers.
(3) "Construction permit application" means an application made to a local jurisdiction for a permit or other governmental approval for a rehabilitation project.
(4) "Department" means the Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation.
(5) "International Existing Building Code (IEBC)" means the 2015 International Existing Building Code, as incorporated by reference under Regulation .03 of this chapter.
(6) "Local jurisdiction" means any of the 23 counties in Maryland, the City of Baltimore, and any municipal corporation in Maryland subject to the provisions of Article XI-E of the Maryland Constitution.
(7) "Minimum Livability Code" means COMAR 09.12.54, exclusive of any local amendments or codes that may have been adopted.
(8) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation.(Regulation .04 amended and recodified from 05.16.01.04 effective 46:6 Md. R. 345, eff. 3/25/2019)