Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.54 - Minimum Livability Code
09.12.54.02 - Definitions
A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Act" means Public Safety Article, § 12-203, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(2) "Code" means the Minimum Livability Code Regulations .
(3) "Code official" means the official or any duly authorized agent or designee of the local political subdivision in which the housing is located who is authorized to enforce the Code.
(4) "Department" means the Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation.
(5) "IPMC" means the most recent version of the International Property Maintenance Code adopted by the Department and incorporated by reference in Regulation .03 of this chapter.
(6) "Person" includes an individual, partnership, limited partnership, trust, estate, association, or corporation or any other group acting as a unit.
(7) "Property owner" means a person having a legal or equitable interest in the premises, including the guardian of the estate of the person, or the executor or administrator of the estate of the person if ordered to take possession of the premises by a court.
(8) "Structure" means a residential structure used for human habitation.
(9) "Tenant" means an occupant other than a property owner.
(10) "Unit" means a single unit of a structure providing or intended to provide complete living and sleeping facilities for one or more persons.(Regulation .02 amended and recodified from 05.02.03.02 effective 46:6 Md. R. 345, eff. 3/25/2019)