Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.52 - Industrialized Buildings and Manufactured Homes
09.12.52.10 - Label
A. Approved Testing Facility Label. Every approved industrialized building unit shall be marked with a label identifying the approved testing facility which performed the inspection. Each label shall bear the following information directly or by reference:
(1) Name of approved testing facility;
(2) Type of industrialized building unit;
(3) Serial number of the label;
(4) "See Data Plate for Special Instructions".
B. Manufacturer's Data Plate and Other Markings. The information listed below shall be placed on one or more permanent manufacturer's data plates in the vicinity of the electrical distribution panel or in some other location that is readily accessible for inspection. The approved testing facility shall approve the form, completeness, and location of the data plate.
(1) Manufacturer's name and address.
(2) Manufacturer's serial number for the unit and model name.
(3) Name of manufacturer and model designation of major factory installed appliances.
(4) Wind, snow and floor loads, and any other special use limitations will be shown. Also, if any unit requires additional on-site work, the data plate will show the specific features which were inspected and those which shall be inspected locally.
(5) Where applicable, identification of permissible type of gas or fuel for appliances, designation of electrical ratings, direction for water and drain connection and pressures.
(6) List of codes and standards for which the unit has been evaluated, inspected and found in compliance by the approved testing facility.
C. State Certification Insignia. In addition to the approved testing facility label and the manufacturer's data plate, each unit shall be marked by a State certification insignia secured from the Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation which shall identify the unit by State serial number. This serial number shall be the control number for location in the State.
D. Mounting of Labels and State Certification Insignias. To the extent practicable, the labels and insignias shall be so installed that they cannot be removed without being destroyed. They shall be applied in the vicinity of the electrical distribution panel or other location that is readily accessible for inspection. They may not be placed on the panel cover or any other readily removable feature. When the unit comprises a system of sub-assemblies, the required label and insignia may be applied using one of each type and the data plate for the system, provided each sub-assembly is listed on or with the approved testing facility label and is marked by the approved testing facility in some clearly identifiable manner that relates it to the label.(Regulation .10 amended and recodified from 05.02.04.010 effective 46:6 Md. R. 345, eff. 3/25/2019)