Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.50 - Model Performance Code
09.12.50.01 - Definitions
A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Department" means the Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation.
(2) "ICC" means the organization known as the International Code Council.
(3) "High performance home" has the meaning stated in Public Safety Article, § 12-509(a), Annotated Code of Maryland.
(a) "Hotel" means an establishment that offers sleeping accommodations for compensation.
(b) "Hotel" does not include a bed and breakfast establishment.
(5) "Industrialized building" has the meaning stated in Public Safety Article, § 12-301(d), Annotated Code of Maryland.
(6) "Master control device" means:
(a) A control that is activated when a person enters the room through the primary room-access method; or
(b) An occupancy sensor control that is activated by a person's presence in the room.
(7) "Model Performance Code " or "Model Code" means the Model Performance Code for building construction as detailed in Regulation .03 of this chapter.
(8) "NFPA" means National Fire Protection Association, Inc.
(9) Person" means any private individual, firm, or corporation and any public officer or agency.
(10) "Regulations" means the regulations as defined in Regulation .02 of this chapter.
(11) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation or a designated representative.
(12) "State certified inspector" means an individual qualified by reason of experience, training, and/or examination, to inspect buildings for compliance with the State Model Performance Code, and certified pursuant to Regulation .07 of this chapter.(Regulation .01 amended and recodified from 05.02.01.01 effective 46:6 Md. R. 345, eff. 3/25/2019)