Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.42 - Equal Employment Opportunity
09.12.42.02 - Definitions
A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Apprenticeship program" means a program registered with the Maryland Apprenticeship and Training Council and evidenced by a certificate of registration or other appropriate document as meeting the apprenticeship standards of the Council.
(2) "Council" means the Maryland Apprenticeship and Training Council.
(3) "Employer" means any person or organization employing an apprentice whether the apprentice is enrolled with this person or organization or with some other person or organization.
(4) "Minority" means an individual male or female member of a group that has historically been under-utilized in apprenticeship programs due to discrimination based on race, color, or national origin.
(5) "Sponsor" means any person or organization operating an apprenticeship program, irrespective of whether this person or organization is an employer.