Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.41 - Wage and Hour Law
09.12.41.22 - Work-Study Programs
09.12.41.22. Work-Study Programs
(1) A "work-study program" is a program in which the period of normal public or private school attendance is divided between school attendance and employment in industry or business.
(2) A "work-study coordinator" is the individual assigned to supervise or administer a work-study program.
(1) Upon application by a work-study coordinator, the Commissioner may authorize payment to a student of an hourly rate less than the statutory minimum.
(2) The application shall state the:
(a) Title of the work-study coordinator;
(b) Name and address of the school attended by the student;
(c) Name and address of the student;
(d) Name and address of the employer;
(e) Type of work to be performed by the student;
(f) Hourly rate to be paid; and
(g) Duration of time that the student will be paid less than the statutory minimum.
(3) The employer and the work-study coordinator shall sign the application.
C. The work-study coordinator shall:
(1) Obtain, through his or her efforts, all work-study program employment opportunities;
(2) Supervise, on a continuing basis, the progress of each student in a work-study program; and
(3) Notify the Commissioner upon termination of a student's employment in the job designated on the application.(Regulations .22 repealed and new regulations .22 adopted effective December 17, 1984 (11:25 Md. R. 2132); recodified from .21 effective 47:8 Md. R. 435, eff. 10/1/2020)