Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.20 - Occupational Safety and Health
09.12.20.09 - Employer and Employee Contests
09.12.20.09. Employer and Employee Contests
A. "Notice of contest" includes a notice of intent to contest.
(1) An employer to whom a citation has been issued may, in accordance with § 5-213 of the Act, notify the Commissioner in writing that the employer contests the citation or proposed penalty.
(2) The notice of contest shall be postmarked within 15 work days of the receipt by the employer of the citation.
(3) A notice of contest shall specify if it is directed to the citation, to the proposed penalty, or to both.
C. Notice from Employee.
(1) An employee or representative of employees may, in accordance with § 5-213(b) of the Act, file with the Commissioner or the Commissioner's authorized representative a written notice alleging that the period of time provided for in the citation for the abatement of the violation is unreasonable.
(2) The notice shall be postmarked within 15 work days of the issuance of the citation.