Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.20 - Occupational Safety and Health
09.12.20.02 - Posting Notice and Copies of the Act
09.12.20.02. Posting Notice and Copies of the Act
A. An employer shall post a notice, available from the Commissioner, which informs employees:
(1) Of the protections and obligations provided for by the Act; and
(2) That for assistance and information, including copies of the Act and of specific occupational safety and health standards, to contact the employer or the Commissioner.
(1) An employer shall post the notice in:
(a) Each establishment; and
(b) A conspicuous place where employee notices are customarily posted.
(2) An employer shall ensure that when:
(a) Distinctly separate activities are performed at a single physical location, each activity is treated as a separate physical establishment and a separate notice is posted in each establishment;
(b) Employers are engaged in activities which are physically dispersed, the notice is posted at the location to which employees report each day; and
(c) Employees do not usually work at, or report to, a single establishment, the notice is posted at the location from which the employees operate to carry out their activities.
C. An employer shall ensure that the notice is kept posted and not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.
D. If an employer has obtained a copy of the Act and of the regulations and applicable occupational safety and health standards, the employer shall, upon request, make them available to any employee or authorized employee representative for review in the establishment where the employee is employed:
(1) On the same day the request is made; or
(2) At the earliest mutually convenient time to the employee or authorized employee representative and the employer.