Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 12 - DIVISION OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 09.12.11 - Fee Charging Employment Agencies
09.12.11.01 - Definitions
A. The following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Applicant" means a person, employed or unemployed, who either seeks employment or enters into an arrangement concerning employment through an employment agency. "Applicant" does not include either a person applying for an employment agency license or a prospective employee for an employment agency.
(2) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Labor and Industry, or a duly designated representative.
(3) "Employer" means any person, firm, corporation, partnership, or association that employs or seeks to enter into an arrangement to employ any person through an employment agency.
(4) "Method of payment" means the specific procedure for paying the employment agency's placement fee after placement is made.
(5) "Permanent placement fee" means the net fee charged by an employment agency for any placement after discounts or other fee reductions allowed by the agency.(Regulations .01 effective April 4, 1973)