Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 09 - MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Subtitle 01 - OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY
Chapter 09.01.04 - Public Information Act Requests
09.01.04.06 - Electronic Records
09.01.04.06. Electronic Records
A. Except as provided in §§ C and D of this regulation, the custodian shall provide an applicant with a copy of the public record in a searchable and analyzable electronic format if:
(1) The public record is in a searchable and analyzable electronic format;
(2) The applicant requests a copy of the public record in a searchable and analyzable electronic format; and
(3) The custodian is able to provide a copy of the public record, in whole or in part, in a searchable and analyzable electronic format that does not disclose information that may not be disclosed under the Act.
B. The custodian shall provide a portion of the public record in a searchable and analyzable electronic format if:
(1) Requested by the applicant; and
(2) The custodian is able to do so by using the existing functions of the database or software program that contains the searchable and analyzable data.
C. The custodian is not required to:
(1) Create or reconstruct a public record in an electronic format if the public record is not available in an electronic format; or
(2) Release an electronic record in a format that would jeopardize or compromise the security or integrity of the original record or of any proprietary software in which the record is maintained.
D. The custodian may remove metadata from an electronic document before providing the electronic record to an applicant by:
(1) Using a software program or function; and
(2) Converting the electronic record into a different searchable and analyzable format.(Regulations .06 adopted as an emergency provision effective August 6, 1982 (9:18 Md. R. 1795); emergency status extended at 10:1 Md. R. 19; adopted permanently effective February 4, 1983 (10:2 Md. R. 109); amended and recodified from .09 effective 44:25 Md. R. 1180, eff. 12/18/2017)