Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 05 - DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Subtitle 04 - SPECIAL LOAN PROGRAMS
Chapter 05.04.14 - Weatherization Program
05.04.14.02 - Definitions
A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Agency" means a local administering agency, including a governmental unit, community action agency, Office on Aging, or other nonprofit agency.
(2) "Applicant" means a representative member of the family unit in the dwelling unit, the owner, or designated agent of the owner, of a dwelling unit.
(3) "Benefit" means the amount of assistance that is provided to an eligible applicant.
(4) "Department" means the Department of Housing and Community Development.
(5) "Dwelling unit" means any of the following:
(a) An individual house, including a semidetached house, or stationary mobile home;
(b) An apartment in an apartment complex;
(c) An apartment within a home;
(d) A unit in public housing;
(e) A unit in subsidized housing; or
(f) A single room occupied as separate living quarters.
(6) "Fair hearing" means a procedure established to provide the applicant with the opportunity to have a dispute reviewed by a hearing officer.
(7) "Family unit" means an individual or group of individuals who are living together as one economic unit.
(8) "Hearing officer" means a person designated by the Department to preside at a fair hearing.
(9) "Landlord-tenant agreement" means a document signed by the agency, the owner as landlord, and the applicant when the applicant is a tenant, specifying consent to provide access to the premises, and an agreement by the owner not to increase the rent of the premises on account of the weatherization improvements.
(10) "Material vendor" means a supplier of weatherization material.
(11) "Owner" means the person or persons listed in the land records of the State who holds title to the property, or the governmental agency that owns the dwelling unit.
(12) "Program" means the Maryland Weatherization Program.
(13) "Public housing" means a dwelling unit owned and operated by a municipality or governmental agency.
(14) "Subsidized housing" means a privately owned dwelling unit where rental fees are subsidized by local or federal funds.
(15) "Weatherization material" means any energy-conserving device or technology used in a dwelling unit.(Regulations .02B amended effective September 6, 1999 (26:18 Md. R. 1373))