Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 05 - DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Subtitle 04 - SPECIAL LOAN PROGRAMS
Chapter 05.04.10 - Home and Energy Loan Program
05.04.10.13 - Loan Applications, Processing, and Purchase Procedures
05.04.10.13. Loan Applications, Processing, and Purchase Procedures
A. Applications shall be made upon form documents required by the Administration. Sufficient information and documentation shall be provided to determine the extent, if any, to which the project will change the type of use or increase the intensity of the existing use of the property.
B. Lenders, or the Administration, as applicable, shall be responsible for originating loans under the program. This responsibility shall include the:
(1) Acceptance of applications from borrowers;
(2) Review of applications for completeness and compliance with program eligibility standards;
(3) Determination of creditworthiness of the borrower using normal underwriting standards;
(4) Execution by the borrower of a note, mortgage (if required), and all other documents required by the Administration and the disbursal of all loan proceeds;
(5) Reporting of the loan for loan insurance and, in the case of lenders, the submission of the loan to the Administration for purchase.
C. The Administration shall purchase all loans submitted by lenders for purchase after examination of the loans for compliance with the terms and conditions of the loan purchase agreement. Loans found not to be in conformance with the requirement of the agreement shall be returned to the lender.
D. The Administration may delegate to political subdivisions some or all of the functions described in § A, above, in accordance with terms and conditions of the appropriate Program handbook. Loans found not to be in conformance with requirements of the Program handbook shall be returned to the political subdivisions.
E. The Secretary may delegate to the Director of the Administration, or to other appropriate employees of the Department or the Administration, the execution or approval of any commitments to borrowers or lenders and any contracts, arrangements, agreements, or other documents that the Administration determines are necessary to evidence or secure any loan.(Regulations .13 adopted as an emergency provision effective June 1, 1983 (10:12 Md. R. 1065); emergency status extended at 10:25 Md. R. 2262
Regulations .13 adopted effective December 5, 1983 (10:24 Md. R. 2184)
Regulation .13 amended effective January 2, 1994 (20:25 Md. R. 1942))