Code of Maryland Regulations
Title 05 - DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Subtitle 04 - SPECIAL LOAN PROGRAMS
Chapter 05.04.01 - Maryland Housing Rehabilitation Program - Regular Rehabilitation Program
05.04.01.11 - Loan Closing
05.04.01.11. Loan Closing
A. Time and Place. The loan closing shall be scheduled at a time acceptable to the applicant and the local administrator through a closing officer serving the applicant's area and otherwise acceptable to the local administrator.
B. Loan Documents.
(1) Loan document forms shall be provided by the Program and may not be altered by the local administrator.
(2) Loan documents shall be executed on behalf of the Department by the officer or employee authorized to do so by the Department.
C. Charges and Fees. The Department or the local administrator may charge and collect from the borrower reasonable and customary amounts acceptable to the Department for the following items:
(1) Credit reports;
(2) Appraisal fee, if applicable;
(3) Recording fees and recording taxes or other charges incident to recordation;
(4) Required survey charges, if applicable;
(5) Cost of title examination and title insurance, if required;
(6) Administrative fee;
(7) Property and judgment report fees;
(8) Inspection fees; and
(9) Other reasonable and customary charges or fees authorized by the Department.
D. Points. Points may not be charged to the applicant on any loan under the program.
E. Mortgageable Items.
(1) Closing costs, program charges, and fees may be allowed as mortgageable items for owner-occupants or for nonprofit sponsors.
(2) Sponsors that are not nonprofit organizations are required to pay for closing costs, program charges, and fees.
F. Taxes and Assessments. Taxes and assessments against the property which are due and payable shall be paid at or before closing.(Regulations .11 amended effective February 11, 1985 (12:3 Md. R. 243)
Regulations .11 adopted effective July 22, 1991 (18:14 Md. R. 1609)
Regulations .11 amended effective November 9, 1992 (19:22 Md. R. 1986)
Regulation .11E amended effective September 29, 2003 (30:19 Md. R. 1329))