Code of Maine Rules
26 - DEPARTMENT OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
239 - DEPARTMENT OF ATTORNEY GENERAL - GENERAL
Chapter 2 - FORFEITURE RULES
- Section 239-2-1 - Standards for Initiation of Civil Forfeiture Actions (5 M.R.S.A. section 5822)
- Section 239-2-2 - Standards for Settlement of Civil Forfeiture Actions
- Section 239-2-3 - Standards for Equitable Transfer of Forfeited Assets (15 M.R.S.A. sections 5822, 5824)
- Section 239-2-4 - Records
- Section 239-2-5 - Relationship of Rules to Claims
- Section 239-2-6 - Appeals
SUMMARY: The following rules are designed to implement certain asset forfeiture provisions of the Maine Asset Forfeiture Law, 15 M.R.S.A. §5821 et seq. These rules make uniform throughout the State the procedures and standards for the initiation and settlement of forfeiture actions and for the distribution of the proceeds of forfeiture actions. They are adopted pursuant to 15 M.R.S.A. §5822(7). Forfeiture actions should not result in preferential treatment in any criminal matter for offenders with substantial financial resources.
December 12, 1990
April 4, 2000
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: 15 M.R.S.A., Section5822(7)
Note: Reference is made to Roman numerals. In order to comply with the format established by the Secretary of State, Roman numerals were changed to Arabic numerals.