Code of Maine Rules
05 - DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
071 - EDUCATION - GENERAL
Chapter 85 - SCHOOL BUS PURCHASE PROGRAM
- Section 071-85-1 - Purpose
- Section 071-85-2 - Definitions
- Section 071-85-3 - Minimum Program Qualifications for SAUS to Apply for the School Bus Purchase Program
- Section 071-85-4 - Types of Program Applications
- Section 071-85-5 - Minimum Procedures for SAUs to Participate in the School Bus Purchase Program
- Section 071-85-6 - Records Retention
Summary: These regulations establish procedures for school administrative units (SAUs) to request purchase of new school buses and receive subsidy through the Maine School Bus Purchase Program.
This program provides subsidy to SAUs in order to offset partial cost of new school buses that are used to transport students to and from home and school and school events. This program is a resource to help SAUs purchase new school buses, retire end of life school buses, and respond to emergency and special bus needs.
9/16/2017filing 2017- 143
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: 29-A M.R.S. §2311 and 20-A M.R.S. §5401(17)