Code of Maine Rules
05 - DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
071 - EDUCATION - GENERAL
Chapter 180 - PERFORMANCE EVALUATION AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH SYSTEMS
- Section 071-180-1 - PURPOSE OF THE RULE
- Section 071-180-2 - DEFINITIONS
- Section 071-180-3 - REQUIREMENT TO DEVELOP, PILOT AND IMPLEMENT SYSTEMS
- Section 071-180-4 - DEPARTMENT APPROVAL OF SYSTEM
- Section 071-180-5 - PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE STANDARDS FOR TEACHERS
- Section 071-180-6 - PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE STANDARDS FOR PRINCIPALS
- Section 071-180-7 - STUDENT LEARNING AND GROWTH MEASURES
- Section 071-180-8 - RATING LEVELS
- Section 071-180-9 - DETERMINING EFFECTIVENESS RATINGS
- Section 071-180-10 - RESULTS OF PLACEMENT IN RATING LEVELS
- Section 071-180-11 - PEER SUPPORT AND MENTORING
- Section 071-180-12 - IMPLEMENTATION REQUIREMENTS
- Section 071-180-13 - EDUCATOR INVOLVEMENT IN DEVELOPING, IMPLEMENTING AND REVIEWING PEPG SYSTEMS
- Section 071-180-14 - USE OF RATING IN PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DECISIONS
- Section 071-180-15 - PILOTING OF SYSTEM
- Section 071-180-16 - TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE; STATE MODEL PEPG SYSTEM
- Section 071-180-17 - FUNDING FOR DEVELOPMENT, PILOTING AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Section 071-180-18 - IMPACT OF EFFECTIVENESS RATINGS UNDER PRE-CHAPTER 508 SYSTEMS
SUMMARY: This rule establishes standards and procedures for implementation of performance evaluation and professional growth systems (PEPG systems) for educators, as required in Chapter 508 of Title 20-A of the Maine Revised Statutes. It defines terms, identifies professional practice standards for use in PEPG systems and requires involvement of educators in implementation of systems. The rule sets forth the process for obtaining Department approval of locally-developed plans, and describes technical assistance to be provided by the Department.
May 15, 1991 - filing 91-168 as "Child Development Services System"
REPEALED AND REPLACED:
December 2, 1992 filing 92-465 as "Comprehensive Childfind System and Early Intervention FAPE Services Rule"
May 16, 1993 - filing 93-162
October 31, 1994 - filing 94-442 as "Comprehensive Childfind System and Early Intervention Services Rule"
August 2, 2000 - filing 2000-315 as "Early Intervention and Special Education for Children Age Birth to Under Age Six
May 26, 2001 - filing 2001-166
June 15, 2003 filing 2003-181
August 3, 2004 - filing 2004-308 (Emergency adoption, major substantive)
November 28, 2005 - filing 2005-452 (Final adoption, major substantive)
August 3, 2007 - filing 2007-281 (Integrated into Ch. 101)
June 20, 2014 - filing 2014-099 as "Performance Evaluation and Professional Growth Systems" (Final adoption, major substantive)
March 18, 2015 - filing 2015-040, driven by P.L. ch. 3 (Emergency) effective March 17, 2015 which mandated this filing, with certain procedural details outside of the normal APA process.
June 3, 2018 - filing 2018-075 (Final adoption, major substantive)
7/18/2020- filing 2020- 140 (Final adoption, major substantive)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: Title 20-A MRS §13706