Compilation of Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia
Department 590 - RULES OF OFFICE OF SECRETARY OF STATE
Chapter 590-7 - COMMISSIONER OF CORPORATIONS
Subject 590-7-8 - AUTOMATED DATA PROCESSING SYSTEM
Rule 590-7-8-.03 - Public Access
Current through Rules and Regulations filed through September 25, 2023
(1) The Commissioner has determined that it is in the public interest to provide efficient and immediate access to the information contained in the automated database. Pursuant to these rules and subject to equipment availability, direct access to the database shall be provided on a non-discriminatory basis.
(2) The Commissioner is authorized to provide inquiry only access to the automated database on a terminal located in the public access area of the Division, if he finds that it is in the public interest to provide such service and sufficient equipment is available to accommodate the demand for such service. In order to provide equal access to the information the Commissioner is authorized to post a use time schedule for access to such terminal.
(3) The Commissioner may enter into agreements to provide direct access to the automated database with Corporate Services Organizations, provided that:
(4) The Commissioner may disconnect the direct access provided by this Rule in the event he determines, after notice and opportunity for hearing, that:
(5) Neither the Commissioner, nor his staff, shall be liable for any services or information provided by a Corporate Service Organization to any person or entity.
O.C.G.A. Secs. 14-2-130, 14-5-23.
Original Rule entitled "Public Access" was filed on June 10, 1987; effective July 1, 1987, as specified by the Agency.
Amended: F. Aug. 7, 1990; eff. Aug. 28, 1990, as specified by the Agency.