Compilation of Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia
Department 590 - RULES OF OFFICE OF SECRETARY OF STATE
Chapter 590-7 - COMMISSIONER OF CORPORATIONS
Subject 590-7-29 - STRUCTURED SETTLEMENT PURCHASE COMPANIES
Rule 590-7-29-.02 - Fees, Charges, and Penalties
Current through Rules and Regulations filed through September 25, 2023
(1) The Secretary of State shall publish a comprehensive list of filing fees, charges, penalties and other fees collected by the Division. Fees, charges, and penalties may only be changed by the posting by the Secretary of State of such changes in the public access area of the Division offices for a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to such changes being effective.
(2) Every registration, renewal, or other filing required or permitted pursuant to the Code or any Rule or Regulation promulgated thereunder shall be accompanied by the required fee or funds as listed on the fee schedule published and maintained by the Secretary of State. All filing fees shall be immediately docketed into the automated database by the staff of the Secretary of State. Docketing of the filing fees shall be for accounting and document control only and shall not constitute acceptance of the filing nor shall it imply that the filer has met the filing requirements of the Code.
(3) No registration, renewal, or other filing required or permitted pursuant to the Code or any Rule shall be considered officially received by the Secretary of State unless said documents are accompanied by the required fee or funds. Said fee or funds shall be received by the Secretary of State or by a person designated by the Secretary of State.
(4) All fees, charges, and penalties are nonrefundable unless specifically authorized by the Secretary of State or Assistant Corporation Commissioner and a written request for refund is received from the filer.
(5) All fees, charges, and penalties are nontransferable unless specifically authorized by the Secretary of State or Assistant Corporation Commissioner.
(6) All filing fees, charges, and penalties shall not be deemed to be paid unless payment is made in United States currency, certified funds, or until any check given for such fees, charges or penalties has been paid by the financial institution upon which such check is drawn.
(7) Fees paid by check or money order shall have the name of the proposed structured settlement purchase company or, in the case of a registered structured settlement purchase company, the structured settlement purchase company registrant's name or registration number written on it.
(8) All invoices for certificates, copies, or other charges are due immediately upon receipt. Failure to pay the invoice may result in the invoice being referred for collection and in any future payment being accepted only if submitted by cashier's check or United States Postal Service money order.
(9) The Secretary of State may impose service charges in order for persons to have the ability to make electronic filings into the automated database. Such charges shall be posted on the fee schedule prepared and maintained by the Secretary of State.
(10) The Secretary of State may impose service charges for the filing of documents in paper format. Such charges shall be posted on the fee schedule prepared and maintained by the Secretary of State.
(12) No filing will be accepted by the Secretary of State without the payment of any past due fees, charges, or penalties assessed pursuant to the Code or the Rules promulgated thereunder.
O.C.G.A. § 51-12-73.
Original Rule entitled "Fees, Charges, and Penalties" adopted. F. Apr. 27, 2022; eff. May 17, 2022.