Compilation of Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia
Department 590 - RULES OF OFFICE OF SECRETARY OF STATE
Chapter 590-7 - COMMISSIONER OF CORPORATIONS
Subject 590-7-24 - LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES - CERTIFICATION OF DOCUMENTS
Rule 590-7-24-.01 - Certificates, Copies, and Certified Copies
Current through Rules and Regulations filed through September 25, 2023
(1) The Secretary of State shall provide:
(2) The Secretary of State is authorized to establish and impose minimum fees for the production and delivery of requested documents and certificates. Charges for such certificates and services shall be those published in the fee schedule maintained by the Secretary.
(3) Certificates and documents must be requested in written form or in electronic form, if available.
(4) The use of electronic ordering shall be in the manner authorized by the Secretary of State for such purpose. The Secretary of State may establish minimum fees for such electronic orders and provide for electronic funds transfer for the payment of such fees.
(5) Applicants must pay the applicable fees in advance, unless arrangements have been previously approved for invoicing charges for services.
(6) A submitted order will be reviewed to determine if copies and certificates can be prepared as requested, based on information contained in the automated database, the microfilm files, and the other records maintained by the Secretary of State. An order will be considered to have been completed when the order is processed or rejected and supporting documentation has been forwarded to the applicant.
(7) Pickup service is not available unless expedited processing is requested and approved.
(8) Expedited processing of certificates may be obtained by submitting a request for expedited processing. Expedited service may not be available if the requested documents have been referred to the Georgia Archives or other off-site storage facilities. The request for expedited processing must be accompanied by the payment of the expedited processing fee published in the fee schedule maintained by the Secretary of State, in addition to the applicable service fee. Form of payment shall be in the manner provided in Rule 590-7-19-.09. In the event expedited service is authorized, the documents, if available, and the requested documents and/or certificates will be prepared and furnished within the time frame specified on the fee schedule maintained by the Secretary of State. An expedited request for copies or certificates will be considered to have been completed when the order is processed or rejected and supporting documentation has been forwarded to the applicant.
O.C.G.A. §§ 14-5-23, 14-11-1105, 14-11-1106.
Original Rule entitled "Certificates, Copies, and Certified Copies" adopted. F. May 11, 2017; eff. May 31, 2017.
Amended: F. Nov. 26, 2018; eff. Dec. 16, 2018.