Compilation of Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia
Department 590 - RULES OF OFFICE OF SECRETARY OF STATE
Chapter 590-4 - COMMISSIONER OF SECURITIES
Subject 590-4-4 - INVESTMENT ADVISERS AND REPRESENTATIVES
Rule 590-4-4-.15 - Supervision of Investment Adviser Representatives and Employees
Current through Rules and Regulations filed through September 25, 2023
(1) Every investment adviser registered or required to be registered under the Act, shall exercise diligent supervision over the investment advisory activities of its investment adviser representatives and employees.
(2) Each investment adviser representative and other office employees shall be subject to supervision by the investment adviser. The investment adviser shall be responsible for administering its policies and procedures.
(3) Written policies and procedures, a copy of which shall be kept in each business office, shall be established, maintained, and enforced and shall set forth the standards and procedures adopted to comply with the requirements imposed by the Act and the Rules.
(4) The investment adviser shall be responsible for inspecting each office location at least annually to ensure that its written policies and procedures are enforced.
(5) It shall be the responsibility of each investment adviser registered or required to be registered under the Act to make certain that, when required by the Act or these Rules, investment adviser representatives have been properly registered prior to rendering investment advice and that proof of the investment adviser representative's registration is immediately accessible prior to his or her rendering such advice.
(6) It shall be the responsibility of each investment adviser registered or required to be registered under the Act, and its supervisory personnel, to ensure that all employees of the investment adviser are properly trained regarding the disclosure requirements and the civil and criminal liability provisions of the Act.
(7) For the purposes of this rule, no person shall be deemed to have failed reasonably to supervise any other person if:
O.C.G.A. Secs. 10-5-51, 10-5-70.
Original Rule entitled "Supervision of Investment Adviser Representatives and Employees" adopted. F. Nov. 18, 2011; eff. Dec. 8, 2011.
Amended: F. Mar. 9, 2012; eff. Mar. 29, 2012.